Denver's Championship BBQ
2012 Colorado State Champions!
Grand Champions - Boats, Bands & BBQ in Pueblo, CO
Denver's Championship BBQ Caterer
I will only have limited dates open for 2013
So book early or I will fill up!
Catering all over Denver Metro area
Graduation Party - Church Gathering
Summer Company Picnic - Rehearsal Dinner
Wedding Reception - Birthday Party - Anniversary
Family Reunion - Backyard Bash
Email me with your event info firstname.lastname@example.org
for a quote on Catering or Smoker Rentals
(Dates subject to availability)
Full Service Catering is available as well as drop off. There are still a few weekend slots available this winter and spring. I also cater Monday - Thursday for private gatherings, company parties or luncheons.
Please "Like" Backdraft BBQ on Facebook for Specials and upcoming events.
I am also offering BBQ, Restaurant and Sports Bar Consulting.
Thank you so much for choosing Backdraft BBQ for all your BBQ needs.
BBQ Sauce and Rubs are available in the Online Store!
Smoker available for rent in the Denver metro area for the do-it-yourself Pitmaster. (Please email me for availability)
Smoker rental (October-March) $175 (36 hours) - (April-September) $200 (36 hours)
This e-mail address is being protected
Championship BBQ Rubs are now available in the Online Store!!
Current 2012 - 2013 Sponsor Line-up
Backdraft BBQ: Rubs and Sauces
Backdraft Cooking Systems: Smoker development, maintenance and funding
RSG Properties: Trailer maintenance and funding
Savoy Color: Banners and Printing
Baileegrob.com: Graphic Design (New Backdraft BBQ Logo)
Fruita Wood Chunks: Official wood supplier for Backdraft BBQ Competition Team
GrillGrates for perfect grilling every time
Friend Ryan Grob on Facebook
2012 RMBBQA Cup final results...
2nd Chicken, 2nd Ribs, 1st Pork, 2nd Brisket and 2nd Overall
2012 Pueblo, CO Boats Bands & BBQ Grand Champions!
2010 Florence, CO Kick in the Butt BBQ Challenge Grand Champions!
2013 BBQ Contest Schedule (subject to change)
- 1/25 – 1/26 Lake Havasu Music Brews & BBQ Championship in Lake Havasu City, AZ 37th overall out of 84
- 3/15 - 3/16 Sam's Club BBQ Series Local Qualifier in Albuquerque, NM 3rd chicken, 6th ribs and 9th overall
- 3/22 – 3/23 Heatin' Up the Bricks in Kearney, NE 10th chicken, 19th ribs, 13th pork, 5th brisket and 7th overall
- 3/29 - 3/30 Sam's Club BBQ Series Local Qualifier in Thornton, CO 7th ribs, 5th pork and 17th overall
- 4/26 – 4/27 Pony Express BBQ Challenge in Gothenburg, NE 2nd place brisket and 14th place overall
- 5/3 - 5/4 Honky Tonk Barbecue Festival in North Platte, NE 1st place BBQ sauce, 1st place pork and 10th overall, 1st sauce place
- 5/10 – 5/11 Wild West BBQ in Lamar, CO (RMBBQA Cup event) 2nd steak, 9th ribs and 16th overall
- 5/24 - 5/27 Blues Brews & BBQ in Beaver Creek, CO
- 5/31 – 6/1 Holly Smoke BBQ Showdown in Canyon City, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 6/7 – 6/8 Boats Bands & BBQ in Pueblo, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 6/14 – 6/15 Frisco BBQ in Frisco, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 6/21 - 6/22 South Park Kick Ass BBQ Competition in Fairplay, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 6/28 - 6/29 Smokin on the Pecos in Artesia, NM (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 7/5 – 7/7 Pork & Brew State BBQ Championship in Rio Rancho, NM (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 7/19 – 7/20 Grillers Cup in Laramie, WY (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 7/26 - 7/27 Dodge City Days BBQ Cook off in Dodge city, KS (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 8/2 - 8/3 United Wireless / Five State Fair BBQ in Liberal, KS (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 8/9 – 8/10 Backdraft BBQ Cooking class in Murphysboro, IL
- 8/16 – 8/17 Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge in Conifer, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 8/23 - 8/24 Wild West BBQ Shoot Out in Wendover, NV (RMBBQA Cup event)Qin in in
- 8/30 – 9/1 Smokin Brew BBQ in Parker, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 9/6 – 9/7 Showdown on the plains in Scott City, KS (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 9/7 - 9/8 Skys the Limit BBQ in Garden City, KS (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 9/13 - 9/14 Colorado Pork & Hops Challenge in Grand Junction, CO (RMBBQA Cup event)
- 9/20 – 9/21 Murphysboro Barbecue Cook-off in Murphysboro, IL
- 10/3 - 10/6 American Royal "Open" in Kansas City, MO
- 11/1 - 11/2 Smoke on the water Nevada BBQ Championship in Laughlin, NV (RMBBQA Cup event)
About Backdraft BBQ
As Founder - Chef/Pitmaster of Backdraft BBQ, I Ryan Grob will be painting the picture of how Backdraft BBQ has become what it is today.
I started my BBQ history by bartending at World Famous "17th Street Bar & Grill" in my hometown of Murphysboro Illinois back in 1991. While working there for the owner and BBQ legend Mike Mills, my BBQ interests were piqued. I started traveling to a few of their contests just to help with the grunt work. With another BBQ legend Pat Burke(Tower Rock BBQ) being Co-Captain of the Apple City BBQ Team, I would have been silly to not learn as much as I could as fast as I could. It was beneficial to see them at work, talking to judges, maintaining the Pits and getting called up to the stage to get their trophies, all very addicting! Well I got hooked. After several World Championships, Apple City BBQ called it quits to do even bigger things. It was time to start cooking on my own. I had formed my own BBQ Sauce(original) by the age of 18 and it was time to cook some meat to put it on.